Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Clock Strikes Thirteen

I've finished my Don't Rest Your Head scenario, and I think that'll be the title. I'll put it away for a couple of weeks, then get it back out to see if it still looks good to me.

I had a couple of surprises along the way writing this one. I thought it'd be a lot like my Sorcerer material, but the surreal feel of DRYH definitely takes it to a different place. The DRYH approach to character generation strongly shaped everything I did, and refocused where I was going with the characters at one point when I thought I might be getting seriously stuck. I liked that. There might be another story or two ahead for me set in the Mad City.

This brings my new TOON idea to the top of the project list, and it's already well started. This one shouldn't take more than two weeks' focused effort to finish, but I've got another Grandmother Spider session upcoming, and I'll have to put some time into that, probably before I can complete the TOON scenario. Still, it'll probably be finished by the end of March.

Then it's on to my two GURPS projects that I plan to run in 2009. I might try alternating working on each one so I don't get bored of either of them along the way, since there's no immediate need for either of them.

In keeping with my recent creativity spurt, I might even take some time away from the two GURPS projects if something else inspires me along the way, since that approach seemed to work for a while. I just have to make sure I actually complete something once in a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

The boy made it handily into the Clear Lake Gifted and Talented program. (yah us)

My next projects are the Pandemic card game and another card game I'm working on for Blood and Cardstock.

For SJ I'm running over a Star Muchkin d20 adventure. The highlight being an asault on Ahpha Complex.

Later
John

Professor Raven said...

I think you were telling me about Pandemic before, but I didn't think it was a card game at that point.

The Star Munchkin d20 idea sounds like Big Fun. Should be a hit on the convention scene.

Go, Boy!