Wednesday, April 30, 2008

NHL Playoffs - A Way of Life

I've been a Philadelphia Flyers hockey fan since the late 70's, and I've never discussed it here because there hasn't been anything worth discussing since I've been blogging. Until now.

The Flyers were the worst team in the league last year, and painful to watch. As I type this, they've won their first seven game series, and are leading their current series three games to one. They have an upsetting tendency to blow two goal leads, but their goalie has gotten hot at just the right time, and they've been pulling rabbits out of their hats at the critical moments when they most need it.

The only problem with the NHL playoffs is that they tend to become a lifestyle because of the sheer number of games, especially while you have a rooting interest. Happy as I've been, it's been very hard to get anything done for the last couple of weeks. My wife has said that she's happy that my team is winning because it makes me happy, but on the other hand, she really wishes they'd lose so I could get more done around the house.

After suffering with cheering for a lousy team the last couple of years, the house can wait just a little longer. :-)

No comments: