Friday, June 27, 2008

George Carlin

Yes, I'm know I'm a bit late to be bringing this up, but I've had to wrestle with my wife for computer time lately, and she's been winning.

We've lost the guy who may be the best stand-up comedian ever. He made me think as much as he made me laugh, and I'm sure that was the point. There are others who are or were better comedic actors, or better in sketch comedy, but nobody has ever entertained people better by simply standing in front of an audience armed only with a microphone than George Carlin.

If there's a Heaven, I'm sure George is already playing the biggest room they've got. We'll sure miss him here.

1 comment:

Professor Raven said...

And yes, I'm well aware of how George Carlin felt about the very concept of Heaven. If there isn't one, then he was just as funny, and correct to boot.

If there is one, I'm quite sure that God has the ultimate sense of humor and thinks George is funny, too.