Sunday, November 16, 2008

MEPACon Recharge

I'd been running low on inspiration for roleplaying and feeling much more interested in other things lately, but MEPACon really helped me in that respect. I've had a burst of ideas and a better idea as to what my next couple of roleplaying projects will be.

Keeping the home In Nomine campaign running is top priority on the project list, and I'm fine with that at this point.

The next GURPS Cabal scenario ("Lives in the Balance") is next on the list and well underway. I just need to take the time to finish it, and other things have been demanding my attention of late.

The next item on the list was a surprise to me. My wife is reading fan fiction in a big way again, which seriously limits my computer time. I was reviewing my post-MEPACon project list when a cluster of ideas starting coming to me about one of those projects, so I started making notes, and before I knew it I had a whole outline for a sequel to "A Slice of Blackwoods" following what happens to one of the characters after the events of that scenario, including a detailed cast of new characters and their relationships to each other. I love it when it all comes to me in white heat like that. The downside is that the fun part is almost all done; the rest is mostly paperwork.

The other project that's high on the list is my next Sorcerer scenario. I hadn't planned on doing Sorcerer again so soon, but I have two really good ideas for it. The next one will probably be a bizarre comedy take on it, which I don't want to say anything more about until it's ready. It won't take much time to do, and will probably leapfrog the "Blackwoods" sequel because it will work better for my spring conventions and shouldn't take as long to finish.

Those three scenarios should get me through my 2009 conventions. My best guess would be that my new scenarios for 2010 would be for In Nomine and Paranoia, but that's a long way from now, and I've learned to roll with inspiration as it comes.

No comments: