Sunday, November 15, 2009

November Music Project Session

Rob and his lead guitarist friend Joe were supposed to attend this past Saturday's session, which was going to be our first time as a four piece group, but they cancelled out, citing an unexpected obligation on Rob's part that day. We're having some differences of opinion regarding how important it is to play out (Rob is eager to do it and I don't want to unless I think we've gotten to a certain level of quality), as well as musical taste differences (Rob would like to play heavier music than I can sing), but I'd thought we'd worked out those issues and were more or less on the same page. Maybe not...

Jason and I still got together and had an enjoyable (if not particularly notable) session. We played a brief jam with me on bass, then I moved to guitar for the songs we've been working on.

Every time I think we've turned the corner, something seems to go wrong with this project. On the other hand, I've been able to regain my old musical chops and more, so I consider it a success already in that respect. It might be time to change our methodology or format somehow, though, since it hasn't been working out with the existing approach. I'll have to ponder this for a while and see what options we might have.

No comments: