Sunday, March 21, 2010

New In Nomine Scenario

My local GURPS Cabal campaign is now ready to go and scheduled to begin in late April, so I'm going to move my roleplaying focus over to the new In Nomine con scenario. As I'd expected, this one is turning out to be a relatively simple situation and location with a lot of interesting characters for the players to interact with, which is where the complexity comes in. This means creating a truckload of relatively detailed NPCs (not to mention keeping track of them all when I run this), but since that's my idea of fun, I don't mind at all.

I'm using a real life location from my musical experiences in Philadelphia, renamed, transplanted to Chicago and slightly modified to make things easier for gaming purposes. Several of the characters are based on real people. Not only does that make it faster and easier to write, it also makes the characters feel more real and helps me to improvise details if the players manage to surprise me in some respect or another.

The tricky part of this one is proving to be making the climax actually feel climactic, since the ultimate objective of the scenario is kind of low key. I have some ideas about how to do that, but I don't think I can be sure that it'll work until I playtest. I have to playtest this one and "Room Service" by sometime in June to allow time for any necessary modifications. Sounds like a lot of time, but it's really not, considering everything else I have tying up my weekends these days.

No comments: