Sunday, November 14, 2010

Four Person Splunge - Tightening Things Up

This afternoon we had only the core of Jason, Sal, Nick, and myself. The keyboard player I'd located turned non-responsive on us, so we weren't able to bring him in.

The general energy level seemed a little low, but we're definitely sounding more cohesive, even when we're not our best. Jason did more recording via Garageband and we listened to some of it afterward.


While everybody else took a break, we did a brief recording of me playing one of my own songs solo, to give everybody else a recorded version to use to work up their own parts. It's funny that I was as nervous as I was, as it wasn't the first time I've played original material in front of other people, but it was the first time I've done it solo, and for people I know.


It's going to be another month before we can get together again, due to the holidays as much as Nick's schedule. I'm finding that frustrating, but that's just the way it is.

No comments: