Thursday, November 17, 2011

In a Weird Place Right Now

On vacation this week, and yet not getting a damn thing done. I was utterly focused on working on the outside of the house since July/August, and this past weekend, we brought in the professionals to finish the job (at least until spring). So I was looking forward to having some time to actually choose what I was going to do.

Instead, I've frittered away the mornings looking over internet news, etc., and the afternoons watching movies and getting a minimal amount of musical practice done. Nothing feels right, and I'm not playing well. I've actually felt a little shaky at times for no apparent reason and generally listless, not wanting to do anything. I usually get restless after a few days sitting around the house and want to do something, but not this week. Wife's theory is that I'm fighting off a flu bug or something. I have gotten a lot of rest and feel better now than I did earlier in the week. This all comes at a time when I feel as though I'm gaining some real insight into Life and learning to function better, making it all the more mystifying.

I think some of it is that I'd grown accustomed to not having more than minimal free time for several months there, and now I have to adapt again to making choices. Funny, really, if it's that. Hopefully I can do better over the next few days before I have to return to work, because I'm going to have to work more over Thanksgiving weekend than most people do, for various reasons.

No comments: