Friday, December 30, 2011

End of 2011

This has been a rough year in some respects, and a very successful one in others. This has been the year of the Yard War with our irritating neighbors, the year we got a lot of cleaning done in and out of the house, the year my wife and I both got sick for an entire month each (at almost exactly the same time), a year for breakthroughs for me in both music and yoga, the year my 100+ year old great aunt passed away, the year I started handling homeowner claims at work, and the year I signed up for Facebook and reconnected with a lot of people.

Very eventful year, I must say. This blog has largely degenerated into a log of Splunge activities, and it's meant to be more than that. I'll try to do better next year.

I won't make anything as formal as a New Year's Resolution, but I can certainly have plans and hopes. I hope to continue getting a lot done around the house, including finishing the yard. To continue my spiritual development, which I've gotten away from discussing here because the progress involved is so frequently difficult to describe verbally without sounding pompous, silly, or ridiculously mundane. To continue progressing with music, which has brought so much joy to me this past year. Splunge continues to achieve mixed results at best, but has brought a lot of individual progress out of me. To continue with yoga, which has improved my physical well being so much. And I'd like to get back to writing, both music and RPG material.

No comments: