Sunday, February 19, 2012

JW - 2/18/12

Not much to say about this session, really. Things continue to tighten up nicely. My first attempt at "Ziggy Stardust" with JW, and I was surprised at how much energy they bring to it. I like the song, but didn't think it'd work that well live. I'm sure it's fine the way they (I should start saying we) play it.

Brought the Ashbory bass this time, which intrigued everyone, but then the battery failed, so they couldn't hear what it sounds like. I'll have to bring it again another time.

Harmonies continue to shape up. Keith suggested a couple of places for me to come in with a high harmony. Sounded good on the recordings afterward, but very quiet. I really have to make sure I'm singing directly into the mike, because I'm barely audible otherwise.

No comments: