Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Isolation

No Jefferson Wheelchair session this past weekend because singer Bill wasn't up to it after sitting in with another band on guitar the night before. 

Also feeling a bit isolated in general anyway, which doesn't help.  Not getting along well with several of my co-workers recently, for reasons best not posted publicly.  Let's just say we approach work (and life) very differently, and they're not terribly interested in any form of compromise.  The closest we've come is an unspoken agreement to leave each other alone, which works from a functional perspective (since most of what we do is talk to other people outside the company), but it's not what you'd call a particularly pleasant working environment from my perspective.

And I haven't been doing anything socially, either, outside of family stuff.  It's mostly due to a lack of time after work, family obligations, yoga, and musical practice is factored in.  Splunge had been as much (or more) a social event as a band, and while I still think I made the right move musically, I miss hanging out with those guys.  I get along well enough with the guys in JW, but we're all busy and don't have a lot of opportunity to really get to know each other personally.

I've talked about this with my wife, and we agree that I seem to need some time to simply hang out with people I get along with more naturally, which has been in short supply.  I have a RPG session scheduled this upcoming weekend that includes some of the people I've been missing, but once again, work, family obligations, and musical practice are threatening to force me to cancel.

I really have to reorganize my time somehow, and don't know how to do that without giving up something important to me, but I've got to come up with something.

No comments: