Tuesday, November 27, 2012

JW - 11/25/2012

Everybody on board this time, with Bill actually being roughly an hour early.  So Bill has now made it for three of the last six, with one more practice before the next show.

I wasn't really in the mood to play, having spent most of the previous day at a memorial service for a good friend (more on that another time), but I don't think it hurt my performance much.  I was feeling quiet, but I don't speak much at most practices anyway, so I doubt anyone noticed.

We went through three of the four planned sets, with few repeats.  "I'm a Man" has been bumped to the last set because we want to play it in front of an audience, but we're not 100% sure it'll work.  Overall, we had the sort of mental lapse mistakes you'd expect from not playing some of these songs for a while, but we still have one more practice to work out any remaining kinks, and don't have any major changes planned.

There was some discussion of getting work at other venues, which we really do need to do.  I suspect we'll focus more on that after we get this particular show behind us.

No comments: