Saturday, February 23, 2008

2008 Convention Plans

This year, I plan to offer "A Dance of Pairs" for Sorcerer at PoliCon in April (assuming that there is a PoliCon and that I'm invited).

At DexCon in July, I plan to offer "Fear Itself" for In Nomine on Saturday afternoon, "A Dance of Pairs" for Sorcerer on Saturday night, my new yet-to-be-named Don't Rest Your Head scenario on Sunday morning and "A Slice of Blackwoods" for GURPS Banestorm on Sunday afternoon. I'll also slip my new TOON scenario in a noonish slot on Saturday at DexCon if I can finish it in time.

At the fall MEPACon in November, I'll offer "Controlling Interest" for GURPS Cabal on Friday night, "Fear Itself" for In Nomine on Saturday afternoon, "A Dance of Pairs" for Sorcerer on Saturday night, and the Don't Rest Your Head scenario on Sunday afternoon. The new TOON scenario will likely fit in on Sunday before the DRYH session, again if it's ready by then. Except for TOON, it's all horror, and horror tends to go over well at MEPACon, so that's a Good Thing.

Looks like a relatively light year for me again, which I hadn't expected. My wife is encouraging me to go to GenCon as well because I enjoyed it so much last year, but I also have some things I need to do this year that would likely make GenCon a bit more than my finances can handle. I'm scheduling the time off from work anyway and considering the possibility, but I'm not optimistic at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want, I can send a list of Texas cons. or we can make a trip to a gaming Mecca. All you'd have to pay for is the flight down.

John

Professor Raven said...

I'd be very interested in seeing a list of Texas cons, since it'd be a con *and* a good excuse to visit. Even a flight is likely to be more than I should be spending this year, though, since a likely move is one of the main issues, and you know from personal experience how expensive that can be.