Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weird Dream Stuff

A few nights ago, I dreamt that I was participating in a Live Action Role Playing game involving Norse mythology. The players were dressed absolutely normally, but were supposed to be Norse gods or creatures from Norse mythology. There weren't many players. There were props that were labeled to be major items like Thor's hammer, Mjolnir, but were clearly everyday stuff with nothing more to distinguish them than that label. I distinctly remember coming upon a plank across a ditch you could just jump across if you wanted to, with the word "Bifrost" printed on it in very plain letters in magic marker. I felt vaguely disappointed and amused at the same time.

Last night I dreamt that I woke up in my old bed in the house where I grew up, but I still had the same age and appearance that I do now. My friend Lew was sitting cross legged on the floor nearby, facing the bed, as though he'd been waiting there a long time. He seemed to be finding something funny, though it wasn't apparent what. He asked me what I'd gotten for Christmas, and I told him I'd gotten Guitar Hero. He said he was going to go downstairs and get breakfast ready while I got my head together, then he left the room. I rolled out of bed, and sure enough, there on the floor by the bed was a Guitar Hero box, so I pulled it out of the box and tried to read the instructions, but couldn't make any sense of any of it and put it away again. Then I went downstairs.

Lew was wandering around the kitchen, which was an absolutely horrific mess, far worse than I ever remember it being when I was a kid. We started discussing our plans for the day (which I don't remember at all now), and he continued on into the living room and sprawled out on one end of the couch. I looked away for a second, and when I looked back, he was holding a big bowl of popcorn, which made perfect sense as breakfast for us at the time. I sat down cross legged on the floor nearby, and we ate popcorn for breakfast and discussed our plans.

I have no idea what most of this means (though I have a few theories about a few bits). That's why dreams are sometimes so much fun.

No comments: