Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Spiky Bits of Ego

A funny realization came to me this morning regarding why I was so especially frustrated about the band reunion not involving any actual playing and the idea of playing music at the picnic falling apart. I'm still correct in saying that I don't need an audience of strangers (though it would be fun to perform once in a while). However, part of me wants to show the old friends I've previously played music with that I've gotten a lot better over the last year or so. On some level, I still see myself as the junior partner I was when I was starting out and still have something to prove to people who know me from that time period. I suppose there's a part of all of us that just never entirely grows up and continues to color our choices in life.

No comments: