Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Toy - Boss ME-50

My wife has been particularly supportive of my musical activities recently and has actually been encouraging me to spend money on it (time remains a trickier issue). We discussed her philosophy behind it, which I won't go into here, but the bottom line is that I don't think this point of view is going anywhere soon. She's been very encouraging regarding my progress on guitar over the last several months. Life is good.

And so I picked up an effects device that I can use for both guitar and bass, spending a couple of hours playing with it this afternoon. Big Fun, and practical in several respects. One of the effects will allow me to play a bass part and a guitar part at the same time, which is especially useful since we have only two players at the moment. At the very least, several of the effects will help fill out the sound, and some of the stranger effects will at least add novelty value for jamming. I've never had a wah pedal before, and had a blast playing bass with it.

My wife actually gave me heck for not coming home on the same trip with a Fender Stratocaster I've had my eye on. I hate to miss such an opportunity, but at the same time, there are more practical things I should probably be putting money into at this point.

1 comment:

David Herrold said...

When you're on your deathbed looking back over your life will you be glad you spent that money on more "practical" things?

You deserve it, dude. Go for it.