Saturday, January 02, 2010

Room Service and the Marx Brothers

I've had a little free time lately and continue to make progress on the "Room Service" scenario for Paranoia. I've got most of the character goal interactions sorted out (the most important part of a Paranoia scenario as far as I'm concerned) and a good outline of likely events.

The player characters are based on the Marx Brothers, and of course, there aren't quite enough brothers for a six player game. I've used that to advantage in a couple of respects. The sixth character is based on Margaret Dumont, an actress who appeared in many of their movies. And of course Gummo never appeared in any of the movies, but that gave me a lot of leeway to play with. Anyone who knows me knows that Zeppo is going to have more going on than might be apparent from his movie appearances. I'm shooting for that chaotic feel of the better Marx brothers movies while still keeping it Paranoia, and I think it's going to work.

I've got to stay focused on finishing this whenever I can, as I'm running out of time to write another scenario in time for DexCon, and I'd really like to have one more, preferably something for In Nomine.

No comments: