Sunday, August 15, 2010

General Restlessness

I seem to be stuck on a number of fronts at the moment. My recent staycation found me extremely restless partway through, and I realized that one of the reasons was that I hadn't gone to DexCon and missed the brief change of scenery/pace that usually provides.

My band's search for a new lead singer has stalled, with the usual resources seemingly exhausted without result. We're functional with me singing lead, but I'm not happy in the role. I'd rather focus on playing bass, locking in with the drummer, and the occasional vocal harmony part. It's good practice and I'm trying to think of it that way, but it's hard when I'm unhappy doing it and there is no end in sight.

And of course there are the usual work frustrations, which anyone has to some extent. I loved a comment I saw on Facebook that stated that there's a support group for that called "Everybody", and they meet at the bar.

The last month or so just seemed to be one of those times when everything I do seems to get jammed up by people or things beyond my control. I could cope well enough with some of that (after all, it happens to everyone to some degree), but lately it just seems as though it's happening with virtually everything in my life. I'll just have to try to be patient and bear in mind that something will have to change, sooner or later. Maybe I'm trying to force change more than I realize.

No comments: