Saturday, September 15, 2012

JW - 9/13/2012

Third of three Thursday practices.  Say that ten times fast.

Disjointed sort of session, with Andy showing up late due to an unavoidable problem.  In spite of all the focus on it, "The Boys Are Back in Town" just isn't going to be good enough in time for the show.  So be it; it'll be ready for the next one.

Because Andy was late, we spent a little time on vocal issues, and yes, I forgot some of the parts again, though I found them again quickly enough.  I'm going to have to suggest that we rotate some of the vocal-heavy songs through more often so these stick.  For the most part, the group vocals are improving, but I'd like to sharpen them more.

We also worked on bringing the volume down, which is going to be important for the upcoming show.  Shouldn't be a big thing, but it seems to be with us.  It's a problem with a lot of bands, actually.

We brought "Lights" back for a quick run at the end of practice, though we know we're not going to play it for this show.  Sounded pretty good for a quick run-through, though.

Bill, Dale, and I were talking before practice about adding new songs after the next show.  Consensus was that we'll add a few quick and easy songs to build the list a bit before taking on a project song like "Boys" again.  I'm not crazy about some of the songs under discussion, but I know they'll go over and they're easy, so it makes sense to go with 'em.  I'll get over it if they succeed with audiences.

No comments: