Tuesday, November 21, 2006

2007 Game Convention Plans

Yes, I know it's early to be thinking about this, but my convention schedule is going to change this upcoming year (causing me to make my plans far in advance) and I'm already writing the new material for next year, so it's on my mind.

I plan to GM at PoliCon in the spring, DexCon and GenCon in the summer, and possibly MEPACon in the fall. This means that I'm dropping the spring MEPACon and Southern Exposure to go to my first GenCon. It also means that I can write fewer events this year because I'm not running for the same likely attendees more than once.

I'll be bringing back "Rumspringa" (for In Nomine) and "Controlling Interest" (for GURPS Cabal) from this past fall, and writing two new scenarios, which will tentatively be "A Slice of Blackwoods" (for GURPS Banestorm) and "Dance of Pairs" (for Sorcerer). I'd planned to do one called "Herding Cats" for GURPS Space, with a Firefly feel to it, but I got stuck on a key story point and decided to shelve it for now until I figure out how to fix the problem.

Those four scenarios will constitute most of what I'll run at those conventions, except for GenCon, where I'll probably revive two of my "greatest hits" from prior years because nobody there will have played them before and it's a blast to run them. "Lilim Fair" for In Nomine and "The Great Lunar Race" for GURPS Steampunk are the most likely candidates for that role, though I'm not sure about the GURPS one yet. I could surprise myself and write something else that I'm so excited about that I just have to run it, or one of the new ones could get stuck like "Herding Cats" did, so we'll see what happens as the new year gets closer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the lunar race was good. it's to the point, and the objectives are clear. it's probably one of your better crafted adventures. it's parred down without being watered down. maybe add a bit more actions that highlight character struggles, spice it up a bit. it's a good classic. i could play it again. hmm...i wonder how it would be if it was a three person race? a spunky women pilot, maybe the love interest?