Saturday, April 04, 2009

More Musical Obstacles

We were scheduled for another session of our musical project today, and sure enough, our guitar player situation remains unstable. Long story short, Bryan couldn't make it, and Bob informed me this week that he'll attend occasionally at best. And so it was down to Jason and I yet again.

We made a productive session of it anyway, fixing some of our rough transitions without relying on guitar cues, improving the set up so we can hear everything better, considering some new material, and doing a little improvising. For some reason we got off to a rough start, but by the end I think it sounded the best it ever has with just the two of us.

Still, I'd really like to have another voice to work with and would rather be playing bass. I'd had it in mind to play with people I liked first who happened to be musicians, but it looks as though I'm going to have to look further afield unless this is a fluke and Bryan will actually stick with us for a while. I honestly don't expect him to be a long term solution in any case. At the end of the day, there's a huge difference in age, tastes, and goals between us and I know he's going to move on, though it's equally obvious that we could help each other a lot in the short term if he does choose to stay. We'll try it again next month and see what happens.

No comments: