Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dexter - Season 4

I just finished Season 4 of Dexter last night. Awesome stuff, and the best season yet. I'm almost tempted to get Showtime to watch the new episodes.

John Lithgow absolutely lived up to what I've heard as the most frightening serial killer on the show yet, and a true match for Dexter. I love the way he rattled Dexter enough that the implications of Dexter's resulting errors will bleed over into the new season. Great writing, and great acting performances all around. Very highly recommended!

I really wonder how much longer they can keep this show running, especially after a season as powerful as this one. Almost anything afterward has to feel anticlimactic. I'd like to see the show end with Season 5 or 6 with Dexter being caught or killed, with some kind of twist involved. If I were writing it, I'd probably end it with his being killed in the midst of his serial killer activities in such a way that his actions are misinterpreted in the end in a heroic way, preserving his nice guy reputation while he actually and deservedly pays the ultimate price.

No comments: