Sunday, September 12, 2010

Three Person Splunge - Refocus

It was just Jason, Sal, and myself this time, with Nick out of the picture due to work, Jared out due to other activities, and the singer situation still unresolved.

We managed to get through almost all of the songs, sounding relatively good, but actually did as much talking as playing. We've identified at least one element of our rhythm problem and tried playing a little differently to correct it. I don't think it's 100% of the problem, but the change certainly seemed to help, so I'm willing to follow it through and try it on the other songs. Sal recorded several songs for this session again, and I want to give those recordings a good listen to see how much difference it made.

We're giving up on the flexible line-up idea, since most of the group simply doesn't have the skills to pull it off and it hasn't been working out the way I'd hoped in any case. We're going to try some other changes as well, though I'm less certain of how much impact those will have.

There won't be another September session, but we should have Nick back on board and a new singer to audition for the October session. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: