Sunday, September 05, 2010

Magic: The Obsession

We recently had a Magic: The Gathering session, which was the first in a long time. The occasion was that some of our younger generation of players are heading off to college or the military, and this was going to be the last time we'd have them around for quite a while.

I went a very unfortunate 2-6 for the occasion, in spite of bringing some of my better decks. Only one of the games was a blowout (most came down to the last four life points or so on both sides), but damn, I haven't done that badly in years. There are a couple of reasons for this. I think the main reason is that the level of competition has changed. The more casual (and therefore less formidable) players have largely dropped away, leaving the hardcore. No easy wins anymore.

So, I'll work the last cards I purchased a year or two ago into my decks and hope for better next time.

No comments: