Sunday, January 16, 2011

One Lost Battle in the Allergy Wars

I forgot a dose of my allergy meds before going to visit one of my sisters. She has a dog and multiple cats, including one who decided our coats would be a fine place to sleep, so I had the unfortunate experience of receiving a blast of allergens at the exact same time that I was extremely vulnerable to them. Not good.

I enjoyed the visit well enough until my head became too stuffed up for me to function, and my holiday season is now officially over.

I barely slept last night, and actually had to sleep sitting up in a chair to get any sleep at all. I haven't gotten a damn thing done today other than resting and taking as much medication as I can get away with. At least I didn't have to work today and hadn't any other set plans, so I could afford the downtime.

No comments: